A Western Australian Ballroom Dancing inspired exercise class for mature men and ladies looking to keep fit, run by mature DanceSport registered coaches and competitors.
Ballroom Fit is your Best Friend to help you improve fitness, posture and exercise both your body and mind to great music. No partner required.
The objective is to move to music and have fun using recognised Ballroom Dances. The routines are simple for all levels of participants and repeated each week so you can enjoy the exercise and music.
The classes include Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Merrilyn, Parma Waltz, Tangoette, Gypsy Tap, Pride of Erin, Cha Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba and Jive etc.
The instructors, like you, love to dance and share their joy and knowledge of Ballroom Dancing with you, tips and technique are included in the classes.
Dancing is after all, one of the most social ways to keep fit and meet new people!
Experience a healthier more active world.
Ballroom Fit sample Class –
Keep moving for the young at heart
This is a sample Ballroom Fit Class instruction on the Square Rumba, Merrilyn, Cha Cha Cha and Progressive Jive. A sample of some of the many Latin American, Ballroom, New Vogue and Old Time dances taught in the Ballroom Fit classes.
Benefits of Ballroom Fit
- Have fun with friends and meet new friends
- Enjoyable music that makes you want to dance
- Learn real dances modified for fitness
- Improved condition of your heart and lungs increasing endurance and cardiovascular fitness
- Improved aerobic fitness, agility and flexibility
- Improved muscle tone, core strength and posture
- Weight management
- Improved balance, coordination and spatial awareness
- Stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improved mental functioning