A Western Australian Ballroom Dancing inspired exercise class for mature men and ladies looking to keep fit, run by mature DanceSport registered coaches and competitors.
Ballroom Fit is your Best Friend to help you improve fitness, posture and exercise both your body and mind to great music. No partner required.
The objective is to move to music and have fun using recognised Ballroom Dances. The routines are simple for all levels of participants and repeated each week so you can enjoy the exercise and music.
The classes include Waltz, Tango, Slow Rhythm, Quickstep, Barn Dance, Evening Three Step, Gypsy Tap, Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba and Jive.
The instructors, like you, love to dance and share their joy and knowledge of Ballroom Dancing. Dancing is after all, one of the most social ways to keep fit and meet new people!
Experience a healthier more active world.
Ballroom Fit sample Class –
Keep moving for the young at heart
See below a video from Injury Matters ‘Stay on Your Feet’ program featuring two of our Ballroom Fit dancers discussing the benefits of dancing.
Monday 1pm to 2pm: Connect Victoria Park, 5 Mackie Street, Victoria Park
Wednesday 1pm to 2pm: South Perth Senior Citizens Centre, 53 Coode Street, South Perth
Thursday 1pm to 2pm: Manning Senior Citizens Centre, 3 Downey Drive, Manning
Thursday 1pm to 2pm: Rivervale Community Centre, Corner Surrey Road and Francisco Street, Rivervale
Saturday 1pm to 2pm: Manning Senior Citizens Centre, 3 Downey Drive, Manning
Benefits of Ballroom Fit
- Have fun with friends and meet new friends
- Enjoyable music that makes you want to dance
- Learn real dances modified for fitness
- Improved condition of your heart and lungs increasing endurance and cardiovascular fitness
- Improved aerobic fitness, agility and flexibility
- Improved muscle tone, core strength and posture
- Weight management
- Improved balance, coordination and spatial awareness
- Stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improved mental functioning